Mom’s 5 Simple Tips To A Great Morning
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #IDSimplyPure #CollectiveBias
Mornings… Is there a worse word in the English language? I have never been a morning person, but when I think about it, I’m not a night owl either. So, what does that make me? A sleeper? Maybe so & I’m totally cool with that! However, since having kids, I no longer have the option of sleeping when I want to. They are now the dictators of my sleep schedule and so I have had to find creative ways to jumpstart my day that put me in a great mood (instead of LONGINGLY day dreaming of being back in bed…) I’m sharing with ya’ll today 5 simple tips to having a great morning!
- Ditch the tech. Instagram can wait. I know, I know, I’m just as much an addict as the rest of them, but you have all day to jump on and like some photos. Spend the first few minutes of your morning thinking about your day, praying, breathing, stretching… Anything that makes YOU feel refreshed. The great part about this is that you don’t even have to leave your bed. Now, I don’t even have an alarm clock to wake me up, because my kids do that for me no problem, but even when one of them is yelling “mama!” I still lay for a minute, eyes closed, and just think and gain some sanity before the busy day starts. Taking this time without media in my face is certainly reviving.
- Make the bed. This is a tip I see over and over again and I have to say I agree with it 100%. My house may not always be clean (who am I kidding, it’s never clean) but at least my room looks tidy! There is something about being able to have a handle on at least one room in the house that gives me a little bit of peace and I love knowing that whatever life throws at me during the day, I will have a neatly made bed to climb into at night. Doing this first thing in the morning also seems to jumpstart my daily motivation. I’ve accomplished one thing off my to-do list… no matter how small it was!
- Have some coffee. If there is one thing that moms everywhere can agree on, it is that caffeine is a true lifesaver. Coffee is like the glue that holds me together, so it is ESSENTIAL to jumpstarting my day. I’m also a sucker for making my coffee sweet because, hey! I woke up today AND made my bed, I deserve it! Finding a coffee creamer that I love, however, has been tricky. So many of them have a strange aftertaste or don’t even give my coffee enough flavor whatsoever. That is until I found International Delight Simply Pure – and this has quickly become my every morning ritual. Simply Pure includes only 5 simple ingredients and it’s absolutely delicious. Honestly so great to know that the product includes REAL milk, sugar, and cream – none of that fake stuff.
- Cuddle the kids. I am constantly reminded that the days fly by too quickly and as we are approaching my son’s second birthday, I want all the snuggle time I can get before they are too old to want to. The mornings are generally the time in our house when Ryland is willing to sit and wake up with my arm around him, so I’m going to make sure I utilize this time wisely – lots and lots of hugs and kisses.
- Create a To-Do list. There is absolutely something great about seeing what you have ahead of you in ONE place. My mind can be running in a million directions, so being able to glance down and see exactly what I need to accomplish next helps to motivate me and taking the time in the morning to do it gets me in the right mindset to start the day. Am I the only one who gets a rush out of crossing something off my list? Literally, the best feeling. #MomBoss
I would love to know more about how you start your day & while you are at it, head to Walmart – cause what mom doesn’t have to run to Walmart multiple times a week – and pickup some International Delight Simply Pure for yourself! I am loving the Hazelnut and Vanilla flavors, personally!
BE SURE TO CHECK HERE FOR MORE SIMPLY PURE INSPIRATION!
Trackback from your site.